Joining is easy!
For membership applications, contact us using this website or call toll free at 1-888-54-AAFCU. Stop in at one of our locations for immediate membership.
Membership qualifications apply.
Become a Member
As required by the USA Patriot Act of 2001, which requires Armstrong Associates Federal Credit Union to help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, AAFCU must obtain basic identifying information from you and verify that information when you open a new account.
This means AAFCU staff will ask you for some basic information such as your name, address, date of birth and other information designed to help us identify you. AAFCU staff may also ask to see documents identifying you such as a driver’s license, passport or some other government-issued document. In some cases, identification will be requested for current account holders if original documentation was not obtained when the account was opened. In all cases, we pledge to protect our members’ identity and confidentiality.
We will scan your driver’s license or other photo ID into our system. This enables us to provide another level of security by verifying identity with photo ID during transactions.
If your company or organization is located in Armstrong County, your employees are eligible to join AAFCU. To add credit union direct deposit or payroll deduction to your benefit package, please contact AAFCU by phone at 724-763-1172 or by email using this website. There are no hooks, no contracts and no fees to participate.
Membership in Armstrong Associates Federal Credit Union is available to individuals who qualify under any one or more of the following:
- Persons who live in Armstrong County;
- Persons who regularly work in Armstrong County;
- Persons who worship in Armstrong County;
- Persons who attend school in Armstrong County;
- Persons who perform volunteer services in Armstrong County;
- Persons participating in programs to alleviate poverty or distress which are located in Armstrong County;
- Incorporated and unincorporated organizations located in Armstrong County;
- Incorporated and unincorporated organizations maintaining a facility in Armstrong County;
- Employees of Armstrong Associates Federal Credit Union;
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment;
- Members of the immediate family or household of a current AAFCU member.
You will be required to provide proof of your eligibility. If you need guidance for providing proof of eligibility, please contact either office or contact us using this website for prompt, courteous assistance. We are honored that you are considering membership with AAFCU, and we will be happy to help you achieve that goal!
Benefits of Membership
Founded on the basic democratic premise of the cooperative movement, credit unions believe that access to low-cost financial services is critical to the health and stability of ordinary citizens. In fact, nearly 80 million Americans trust their credit union to provide the services to improve their financial well being. Credit union membership offers many benefits. Services offered range from simple savings to home equity loans to checking accounts. Study after study has revealed that, on average, credit unions provide the best financial offerings with fewer fees, lower rates on loans and higher rates on savings. And credit unions continually score higher than all other financial institutions in consumer satisfaction surveys.