Car Buying Tips
Are you buying a new car? Need some help?
Here are a few things to remember before you go shopping for your new vehicle:
- Remember to shop around to compare options and prices.
- Be honest with your dealer. Let him know what you want and how much you can afford.
- Give yourself time to shop. Get the best deal from each dealer and compare.
- Know the value of your trade-in before negotiating the cost of your new car. (Call our loan department for the high and low values of your trade-in.)
- Find out the invoice price of the car or truck you are looking for before shopping.
- Negotiate! Not only for the price, but also for any options that may not be included.
- Get the deal in writing, then come back after you have had time to think about it. Be careful with 0% financing offers. 0% financing is available to very few people, it’s just a hook to get you into the showroom. Be sure to compare your costs for financing at a lower rate versus taking the rebate and financing less at a slightly higher rate–the results may surprise you!
- Remember to HAVE FUN!